The Museum is a great place for a reception or book launch. It is very atmospheric and a very special place. If you are a society or group also look at our 'After Hours' visits.
It consists of 4 areas:
- The Herb Garret - a charming area below the timber rafters of St. Thomas' Church. This is the idea place to serve drinks. It can accommodates 60 people comfortably.
- The Operating Theatre - a small amphitheatre style theatre that can seat up to 60 people. Ideal for presentations, performance, and to interest visitors.
- The ante-chamber - the area joining the Herb Garret to the Operating Theatre.
- The Belfry with a small shop at top of spiral staircase which can be used to welcome guests.
The Museum has hosted many successful receptions. But the following restrictions apply:
- Maximum number 60 people.
- Parking is restricted in the vicinity of the Museum during office hours - although the area is well served with car-parks, and meters. St Thomas' Street is a red route.
- Entrance to the museum is by a 32 step spiral staircase.
- No smoking in the Museum
- Events are covered by insurance (ask staff for further details)
- the building is a museum and has to be treated with tender care
- We need to minimise the impact on the Museum's visitors so out of hours hire is necessary in most cases. Please contact the musuem for more information.
The normal hire fee for 2013 is £300 per hour, with a minimum of 2 hours at £600.
Please ring the Museum to discuss your requirements on 0207 188 2679, and any member of staff will be able to help with your query.